Friday, June 30, 2006

Fotolog - Wednesday

Here are some pictures from our time in Barrow. We had an incredible tour on Wednesday, just the two of us in a van driven around by Ron, a teacher from Texas who's lived in Barrow for 11 years.


That's the Arctic Ocean in the background. It was in the 40s generally when we were there, with open water just off land with ice extending far into the distance.

A funny milepost.

Whale bones.

Local Inupiats singing and dancing at the cultural center.

This is where we stayed the night.

Here I am with ice floes behind me.

Midnight sun. This picture doesn't do justice to just how light it was out but you can see how high in the sky the sun was at midnight. I couldn't make it til 1am. Paresh woke me up from a 2 hour nap as it was to see this. I'm glad he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home